New Beginning



        Hello Crafty Lovers,

 Today I'm so excited to share my first DT project for Mixed Media Academy Challenge. It's really a new beginning for me. New year start with a great new team. This month our theme is NEW BEGINNING. For me new beginning is not only start new things or new year it's also new start as new morning, get new life, new hope, forget your failure and disappointment from past and get fresh start.

Here's my project inspired by our January moodboard. A mixed media layout. I have choose three colors yellow, pink and teal green, the colors of sun rise or sunset. Sometimes ending is also start a new beginning, like sunset or like life of a butterfly. That's why I choose this picture a birth of a butterfly.


   Here's our moodboard


       About my project:
 For my layout base I used watercolor cardstock. Use lindy's sprays and magical as watercolor. Create texture with stencil and charcoal paste. Stamping background stamp with archival ink. Colored a piece of gauge with teal green color and stick middle of the page horizontally. Color a piece of white cardstock with teal green spray and golden yellow magical shaker. Die cut leaves with that colored paper. Make some clay moulds with prima moulds and colored them with yellow and pink prima metallique acrylics. Die cut some leaves and background design from black cardstock. Use paper doily for background of my butterfly picture. Heat embossing the leaves which I cut from black cardstock with lindy's green shade EP. Add some flowers, art stones and glitter. also add some pink stone. Rub gold wax here and there. Dry brush with white gesso. Add sentiment to complete my project.

 Here some close ups:





   Hope you like my project. Thank you for stopping by.

                                                                         Love and Hug, 
                                                                            Semonti

Comments