Time Machine


                               
                              Hello Crafty Peeps,

   I'm back again on HNDMD Blog to share my second project for this month. This is my last project on 2019.This time I have altered a cardboard box and make it as a masculine keepsake box.

  I have used lots of craftangles products to make my project. I tried to capture some vintage rustic feel into it. Craftangles rust effect paste, copper wax and linen design stencil help me to create old grungy rustic metal effect on the project. So now see the project how it look like.

            About my project:
  
  For my base I choose a packaging cardboard box. I always love to do upcycling things. Create some magic on an old unused things bring me a real joy. After I got the box I was immediately thought what I want to make out of it. A TIME MACHINE. Yes it's not a real machine of course. I imagine the box as my time machine and the lid is the door of the machine. Also I make a circle shaker on top of the lid as a window of the machine. As shown a man ride on the machine to travel back his younger time. 

 Step by step process:

 First I cut the front flap of the lid and cover outside of my box with plain white tissue with wood glue and water mixture. That way I was sturdy my box and it also help to create some texture on the base.


   After dried apply CrafTangles charcoal gesso all over outside and all inside corners. One coat is enough for covering the base.

   I have decoupage with CrafTangles decoupage paper inside of the box lid also use other paper for inside the box from my stash. Add jute ribbon for tie the box before decoupage. Rub copper wax all the inside edges of the box.

     Now create texture outside part of the box with Craftangles charcoal texture paste. This paste has creamy consistency. But I want more grungy texture, so for that I used Craftangles linen design stencil with crackle texture paste. Also use some crackle paste with pallet knife here and there. I create these techniques all four sides of the box and lid part. Before add texture paste on the lid I have stick all leftover cutouts of my papers for some more texture.


While my paste is drying I have made some embellishments. I just loved to make my own embellishments so much. It's really fun. Die cut some steampunk design on black cardstock. Make my window with ice cream cup lid. Take some mdf gears, metal pieces, resin pieces. Cover them all except metal pieces with Charcoal gesso then apply CrafTangles rust effect paste and the magic happens. All pieces turned into like natural rustic materials. Really happy with the outcome. Rub copper wax for more metal type finish. I just love this copper wax, it's my favorite. Add little blue patina paste on them. On my die cuts I applied blue embossing powder randomly. Now make shaker with that ice cream cup lid. For that I choose that paper piece(luckily I have that) and cut it into a circle and stick it in the lid. Add some copper sequences and copper microbeads. Cover it with a piece of acetate. Then stick ring die cut piece for frame of the window. For reverts of the frame I used peal drops. I also make a stamped machinery image on light cream heavy cardstock. First I color it with brown spray color and CrafTangles teal blue spray, then stamped the image with clear ink and heat embossed it with blue embossing powder. Fussy cut the image and rub the copper wax on it.

   Cover with Craftangles clear gesso on metal pieces then add the brown and blue sprays. After drying apply copper wax on them. This process make the metal pieces look more like real oxidized metals. 

      Now color my box. I apply 2 different brown color in spray and pigment forms and craftangles teal blue spray all four sides and lid of the box. For next layer of color applied craftangles rust effect paste. Add little bit of blue patina paste. Highlight the texture with copper wax and bring my box more metal finish. 

 Now sticks all pieces on top of the lid. I add a man die cut and my stamped quote 'time machine' on same process like other stamped image, but here I stamped with black archival ink. Add some art stones and copper microbeads. Colored the art stones in brown and blue before adding. Dry brush and splatter with Craftangles white gesso to complete my project.






   
               Hope You like my project. Thank you for stopping by.

     Entering following challenges:



                                                             Love and Hug,
                                                               Semonti

Comments

  1. Beautiful choice of colours and textures. Love your design.Thank you for joining us at Bleeding Art this month. Hope to see you back here again in 2020.
    Happy New Year. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this to bits! What a fantastic keepsake this is! I am sure it will be utterly treasured!
    Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Happy New Year!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Glad to know that you like it.

      Delete
  3. Love this! GRUNGY GOODNESS! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment