Black Angel Love


               Hello and welcome to my blog for new tutorial post.
 
        Today i have a tutorial on mixed media watch box. In this tutorial i'm showing you how a plain mdf box turned into a beautiful piece. So lets start.

        Here is my finish box pic.

        Step by step tutorial :
           Step : 1. First I covered the entire box with black gesso. Once the box was dry, I have applied texture paste with stencils on out side of the box and also inside lid of the box.

           Step : 2. Now place some different types of embellishments on top of the box and inside lid of the box. I have used different materials for embellishments resin, paper, stone, paper mache clay, mdf cutout etc. Some of them are made by me. ( 2 angels made out of resin, 2 hearts made out of paper mache clay, all gears made out of black cardstock) When i'm satisfied with placement of all embellishments then i stick them with gel medium.  



          Step : 3. For more texture I used some mini thermocol balls and stick here and there on inside and outside lid of the box with gel medium. I covered the entire box another coat of black gesso to cover all elements on it.

         Step : 4. Time to colour the box. For colouring I have choose two shades of metallic paints(blue and bronze) and dry brushing on the box and highlighted all elements. I have use some stentiment sticker on top and inside lid of the box. Lastly I've applied varnish on entire box for glossy finish and protect colours.
   
             Here are some pics of my box.




    

                    Hope you all like my tutorial. Let me know your views on this project. Thank you so much for stopping by.

                                                                      Hugs,
                                                                   Semonti.


        

Comments